Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Story from Turkey






This is a letter sent by Hamam Insani, student of President University, Cikarang, who is now doing his internship in Turkey to our VP OGX, Dessy.

Please enjoy his story...

Merhaba Dessy,

Sorry for the lateness to give our news from here. :P .
After waiting day by day, finally I matched with one of LC in Turkey,
which city is Kocaeli, the Project in there Called MMF (Meet My
Friends) 2009. Then I prepared all of the things and documents that
should bring there. Actually my program started in the middle of
February, but I have a flight on 5th February 2009, because I should
attend ATEMCO (opening of MMF Project) in Istanbul at 7th February. I
took 18 hours flight from Jakarta to Istanbul; it's almost a day and
transit in two cities, Singapore and Doha in Qatar. I went there with
two friends, Sofiya and Rabby.

In ATEMCO, there are approximately 65 Exchange Participants from so
many countries in the world and they spread to six cities in Turkey,
there are, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Kocaeli, Eskişehir and Bursa.
After I spent two days in Istanbul, all the participants go to their
city. Next I have one week before start the project with walk around
Kocaeli to get used and know deeper about that city. In this city
there are 11 Exchange Participants, they are from Japan, Kazakhstan,
China, Taiwan, Indonesia and Russia. Each country send two EP, except
Russia just one.

Kocaeli is kind of manufacture city, and not so big city, with a few
populations, not so crowded, and in a few days, we can explore almost
all of the part of this city. The different between Kocaeli and other
cities in Turkey, we are living in dormitory, precisely is dorm for
local sportsman, and other cities lives with host family, so in here
interns can know each other's.

Then the project comes, in the first week, I start works on Kocaeli
University
, exactly in Preparation school. In Turkey, University is 5
years, the first one year is preparation school, and the students
learn English and then 4 years to study their major. Next week after I
go to Atayurt School, one of private school in Kocaeli, this school is
from kindergarten until high school. Third week is in course, Ko-mek
course, this course is held by local government and student can study
with free.

In weekend there are two big tours, first is to Bursa, precisely in
Uludag. In that place EP and OC can enjoy snow, with play ski and
snowboard. The Second tour is to Izmir, the name is BAT or Blue
Aegean Tour, and all the participants can enjoy the beautiful of
Ephesus, Zeus Cave, originality of Sirince Village and so many things
there.
Turkish people are very hospitable, so in here I can have so many
friends, and serve us like we are brothers. Overall i feel satisfied
about this program in Turkey, especially my OC in Kocaeli, but still
they should improve for next year program, and I still have a few
weeks to enjoy this country.

Turkiye Cok Guzel.


1 comment: